Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting service suggests depositing and/or sharing given content on a server handled by a website hosting company. There are various groups of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's have a glance at them. Thus, you can elect what you want, on the basis of whether you wish to have a site, emails, or to share files with pals and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution offered by given providers, which lets you share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free file hosting packages are often supported by showing adverts next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a specific interval of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a completely inappropriate interpretation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would apportion the workload between independent groups of servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending various hosting services (email, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a type of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; specific vendors offer a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting type is suitable if you would like to share a huge number of pics with mates or partners since the service is generally free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service committed to tackling your e-mails. Some corporations provide webspace hosting services for web pages, but do not supply an email hosting solution. If you desire to get a mail address with your domain name but do not want to own a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can open e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a specific amount of CPU load, so with a few video files and a few hundred website viewers, you may have difficulty with your web space hosting reserves. Embedding the video will permit you to run as many video files as you would like without hassling about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to possess a website. To some extent, it embodies all of the abovementioned hosting types since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video files, and so on. At AIDA Host, for example, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated web hosting accounts that permit you to have all of the aforementioned services in a single place. There may be restrictions depending on the kind of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting package may be better or worse compared with the ordinary e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are created for particular web content exclusively.